top bar   |   Let's Move in Indian Country   |   USDA
ITCFDP logo bottom
main image
Welcome to the Inter-Tribal Council, Inc. Food Distribution Program Website

What is the Food Distribution Program?
The Food Distribution Program is a federal program that provides commodity foods to low-income households residing in approved areas. To be eligible to participate, the household must contain at least one person who is a member of a federally recognized tribe. Eligible households are certified based upon income and resource standards set by the federal government.

The area served by the Inter-Tribal Food Distribution Program is: a portion of Ottawa, including the city limits of Miami east of the Neosho River and a portion of Delaware county in Oklahoma, Cherokee and Labette Counties in Kansas, and Newton, Barton, Jasper and McDonald counties in Missourri.

Office hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
association logos
What Do I Need To Qualify For The Food Distribution Program?

• You must reside in our service area.
• You must provide a complete utility bill for the residence. A verified rent
  receipt may be accepted.
• All information must be dated within the last 30 day period.
• CDIB card or tribal membership to a federally recognized tribe must be
  provided for at least one household member.
• Verification of income. Copies of consecutive pay stubs or employers statement of official documents showing GROSS earnings for last 30 days.
• Household member 18 yrs or older without income must provide an   Unemployment form from our office
• You may NOT have received or applied for food stamps in the same   month.
• You must provide proof of custody for children in your home if both       parents are not residing in the home.
• Deduction of child care requires a verifiable receipt from the care provider.
 Click for complete details or downloads >


How Do I Apply?

Applications for the ITC Food Distribution Program are available at the office, downloaded, or you may request one by mail.  Households may file an application on the same day they contact the program.  All applications received by the program will be processed within seven business days.
Dual Participation

Household members are NOT permitted to participate simultaneously in the Food Distribution Program and the SNAP program or another Food Distribution Program.

if you have questions about signing up for our program.

FOLLOW Us on Facebook®
          © Copyright 2012 ITCFDP. All Rights Reserved.   918.542.3443   |   |  Terms & Conditions
white horizontal rule
Cooking Tips
Safe Food Handling
Commodity Foods
Cooking Recipes

white ruleDIABETES
Cooking for Diabetes
Diabets in Adults
Diabetes in Children
American Diabetes Association

white ruleEXERCISE
Exercise Programs
Daily Activities for Elders
Keeping Kids Active
Let's Move in Indian Country

Event Calendar
Resource Downloads
USDA Website Link
Application for Membership
Unemployment Form
Qualifications List

About Us
Event Calendar
Mission Statement
Links page
Privacy Policy
Website Use Policy

Copyright Notice
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Right program complain of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at .
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service
at (800)877-8339; or (800)845-6136 (Spanish).

Adobe Download